Labels

college (25) friends (25) parameters (25)

A NOTE

JUST CLICK ON THE MONTH IN THE CONTENTS SECTION TO GET THE LIST OF THE POSTS ACCORDING TO THE DATES.. THE TOPMOST POST IN THE OCTOBER 2012 IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO THE SERIES

Saturday, November 3, 2012

PARAMETERS 1.xv - Diary Expedition - part 1

I had already told about my diary writing habits before. I had acquired that habit right from class 11. I used to bring my diary in college even and would write all the happenings of the day, my likes and dislikes , the events that bothered me or made me happy.

One evening I opened my almirah to take out my diary and write as usual. Priyankar and Pande entered the room after some time and stood curiously beside me.

Priyankar asked me , " Hey are you writing some class notes ?"
I never wanted to disclose about my diary but in a hostel its very hard to keep a secret. So its useless to tell a lie which would be eventually caught.

"No.. I write diaries. It just a hobby."

Priyankar got interested . "So did you write about us ?" was his curious question.

Pande added , "Did you write that we call her Pinky and sometimes daini (witch) ?"

Pinky gave a tough look and continued , " ...and about the polar white bear ?"

I saw them getting more and more interested and that bothered me a little because I hardly wanted my diary to be public.

"No , These are the school days . I have just started writing. I don't do these on a regular basis. It just a passtime hobby you see." I tried to avoid eyecontact.

Pinky said , "No its a good thing that you write. Its a good quality. You have a cute diary too."

I smiled and continued writing. Pande and Pinky got busy in their work. In the night after dinner Pande called my name in a hushed tone as I entered the room. Pinky was still in the canteen.

Pande told , " Seems that our Pinky is getting interested in writing too. All the evening when you were not here he was busy writing something. When I came near to see what he was doing , he just closed the diary and locked it in the almirah. "

I was so surprised that someone can be so influenced by such a tiny hobby of mine.

Pande added , "It would be a great fun to read his diary when he is not here. What say ?"

I knew the importance of the secret diary as I write myself and I completely disagreed.
"No , thats not good. I won't like that if somebody did that to me. Reading someone's diary without permission is not right. We should .. "

Pande just blew off my point and shushed me in the middle of my speech. "Who cares ? He is Pinky yaar. You are forgetting that. He wont mind. Just imagine what emotional can he write. Lets read and make fun in front of him. He is just doing it because you are doing it. It will be great fun.. C'mon.."

I knew it was wrong but Pande convinced me anyhow. And the fun part ...yes I know that was a big thing to ask for.

All the day we pretended that we hardly cared what Pinky was doing. In the evening he put his fat brown diary in the almirah but forgot to take the keys with him. We were already expert in hiding things because of his forgetfullness. Here we had an open chance.

We read almost every paragraph and laughed that evening. He had written some imaginary stories about the romance of a one legged girl and a military man. He also wrote about his past love issues with names Satabdi and Surabhi. All the evening we had planned how to irritate him and laughed thinking about the expression he will have when he realises the whole thing.

We had kept the diary where it was. At night Pinky came in after dinner and sat down on his bed. Pandu and I were silent. Pinky took out some of his class notes , turned on the cd player with very low volume and started concentrating on his notes. Pande and I started talking about many things and slowly our topic went to food. I asked him how he liked hot rice.

Pande gave a delightful expression , "Yummm... hot rice with a little ghee on it. What brand you like Ghosh ? Jharna ghee ?"
I deliberately told , "No I like another one. Have you heard of Surabhi ? Its a famous ghee brand."

Pinky turned down the volume of music a little more. He wanted to hear us without showing his interest.
We had observed that response. Pande continued , " Actually SURABHI is also not bad and quite famous. Many people love that. I knew a military man in our colony. He was so strict with his diet , but he could hardly resist SURABHI. Surabhi is so yummmmmmmmyy.."

He chuckled a little bit and continued while Pinky had turned of the music and totally concentrating on what were saying. He was still not able to make out from where all this was coming.

Pande changed the topic " We discussed a lot about food lets see what we have common in terms of travelling. What's the transport you prefer ?"

I answered ," Flights are good. Quick although costly. What about you ?"

Pande opposed me , " What ?? flights ??? no not at all... You can't have anything better than trains. They make you enjoy the scenic beauty. Have you ever travelled in the Satabdi express. It the fastest and super comforting ....Even a one legged girl would travel in that. "

Pinky just jumped from the chair and shouted , " You scoundrels , bunch of hooligans.. You have read my diary."

Pande expressed as if it was impossible , " Are you nuts Pinky??? You locked the almirah. How can we read ?"

But he remembered and told without lowering the voice , " I forgot my keys and you two have read it."

We were still laughing , Pande ignored his madness and continued , " Hey I did not complete my story Ghosh. Don't laugh.. Do you know that the military man who like Surabhi Ghee and the one legged girl who travels in Satabdi express fell in an eternal love......" saying this we two rolled in the bed laughing....

Pinky jumped over Pande and almost went mad. He was embarassed like anything . He turned red. We continued laughing and the whole night we had discussed about the topics and irritated Pinky.
He never wrote Diary after that. But what he wrote was enough for rest of his life.


P.S : The story of diary writing continues and simply does not end here.......It will be discussed in   part II

No comments: