Labels

college (25) friends (25) parameters (25)

A NOTE

JUST CLICK ON THE MONTH IN THE CONTENTS SECTION TO GET THE LIST OF THE POSTS ACCORDING TO THE DATES.. THE TOPMOST POST IN THE OCTOBER 2012 IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO THE SERIES

Thursday, November 1, 2012

PARAMETERS 1.xiv - The Deadly Dream

Somen and I had interacted a lot after we decided to be room mates for the 2nd year. We would talk about the NCC camp he went in high school days. He had faced a lot of trouble when he said about that once in PT fall in as he was made the group captain and other batchmates made a lot of fun by calling him "captain muhury " and also "commander" . But I was a safe person he knew to discuss . Somen was coming out of his all the time irritating expression slowly and he started getting himself open to fun and pranks we were making.

After the evening snacks we were getting bored as Pinky and Pande had gone to the library to return the books as they were due. That was the only reason I hardly issued books. They would lie in the corner of a table and then you have to remember to renew them before one week or else you would be fined. So it was useless and besides Pinky was quite serious about LIBRARY so I would manage books from him. I was the laziest person one can ever imagine. Pinky and Pandu would get mad by seeing the most laziest attitude I had. I had already started missing the fall ins in the morning and hardly attented the "just after lunch" second half class. I had become something which my father and I have never thought would ever happen. I was bunking classes , morning PT fall in , would sleep till my room mates would try every possible way to disturb me.

So that evening we decided to go to Hubba's room 219 as we hardly went there. Somen thought it would be a nice idea as Hubba generally takes all the trouble to meet us. We also thought of interacting with Tamul. It would be good to analyse him.

We went there knocked the door twice. Tamul opened the door and seeing us hardly gave a smiling gesture. He sat on the bed with the notes and continued studying. Hubba was in the bathroom. We called his name and he replied from inside telling us to wait. Another room mate of his was sitting on the bed with his spectacles on. He stared at us like we were some aliens from different planet. He tried to concentrate on his studies but I think our silent presence was bothering him. He stood up , closed the book , walked in the room to and fro , watched us again and his book a few more times and then left the room in his slippers , burmuda and inner vest. Somen and I looked at each other's face. Tamul was still studying and never looked up to see our face or the whole thing that happened. The whole environment was so suffocating.

Hubba came out and said a loud hi to us. That broke the silence .  He sat on the bed with a small vaseline tube. He took some in his hand and started rubbing in the foot palm. I was surprised to see the care he took of his body. I asked him because I could not resist asking him that , " do you take such care always or it is a special occasion ? Are you planning to go out ?"
He did not understand what I meant to ask at first but then he answered , " no.. I don't take much care of my body. Its a normal thing I do. My skin is dry you see. All day under the sun leaves a tan on your skin. And then you have the quality of water and food here that is ultimate. We don't get enough vitamin E and what we get is only iron in water. So these are the simple things I do. But well yeah I sometimes apply honey on my face and lemon on my hair. These are the only two I follow right now. Thats not a lot of care one should take."

My eyes had gone bigger by then. It was so unusual for me because I hardly maintained or thought of even doing it. I had no problems if the bathroom would be occupied in the morning before the classes as I could postpone it. I had no problems if my clothes were scattered in the room and occupied two chairs. I had no problems with iron , arsenic and lack of vitamin A- Z. I felt this poor fellow deserved an attached bathroom or else he would suffer some serious hygienic issues. But really I felt that I needed a lot to learn from this guy and I loved to learn.

We changed the topic as Somen wanted to involve Tamul a little bit atleast. He had still not looked up since then.
I started , " Heard that you have acting talents ? You are interested right ?"
He looked at all of us and after a little pause he said , ' Yes , I like to act. I have done it before . '

Somen found a conversation to pick.. " Oh really , how nice. Where did you act before  ?"

Tamul added , " In Patna ,  near our colony and in school ."

Hubba imitated him in front of us and Tamul felt insulted . His speech had a really funny accent and we could not stop laughing. I never realised it before as he had hardly spoke to us. . Hubba was quite bonded to Tamul as they were roommates. But his imitating him in front of us made him a little concerned. To make things light Somen started to act in the way he had done in the freshers selection. Somen fell on the bed as if it was the floor and the same funny way he enacted Tamul as he had been crying. With that funny enactments we hardly could hold our laughter. Tamul also smiled for the first time. He had a cute smile. He was telling that he was selected because he had acted well. But Somen's crying on the bed on the loss of the second son after he lost the first one two years back and the way he declared that he was a poor farmer made Tamul laugh even. I saw that may be he was introvert because of the speech troubles but today's fun made him lighter as he knew that weaknesses can hardly be suppressed like that. You only got to face it and thats the only way to do it.

Somen wanted Tamul to feel free and then started with another issue which involved Somen himself. This would make him even more lighter to fun and pranks being played. So Somen started talking about the morning fall - in that day.

" Hey listen what happened today with me .. I never thought that our seniors would be so cool ."

"Why what happened ?",I asked .Hubba was listening with his wide interested eyes while Tamul was taking an occasional break to look at us but he did not leave his notes.

"Ismail bhaiya came near me in the fall in time when I was in the queue. He looked at the micro bandage on my neck at asked about what had happened .", Somen continued saying , " I told him that it was a blister and that happens with me often. You know what he said to me ?"

He threw the question to us quite confident we can't answer that. Tamul had been a little interested hearing the senior's name as he respected him a lot. But we could hardly think of what he might have told him.
Fora gave the answer, " Lipsticks this days are made of so bad quality you see......."

"I just can't think that Ismail bhaiya would make fun like that with me and that too involving girls ." , Somen still surprised to what happened that morning.

Just then the third room mate entered to see that we were still in the room. He entered walked a few more times to and fro and then walked out of that room again wearing that white vest , the rainbow coloured burmuda and slippers.

The next day Hubba came in 213 and fell on my bed holding his head like he had been struck with a bat. Somen , Pandu Pinky and I were in the room then discussing the cost and availability of Matrix - a one and only solution to exams. His sudden wierd entrance attracted our attention. Hubba looked at Somen and stopped us in the middle of our discussion and added his remark , "What did you do Fora ?"

Everyone was surprised at his sudden comment . But we waited for him to finish.
He continued , "Yesterday you told us about the fall in incident and the lipstick part and you know what happened ??"

"What ?" , Somen asked.

" I had a dream last night. A deadly dream I suppose . In that dream some lady came wearing a saree with the amplettes and the cap even and a DARK RED LIPSTICK. She started seducing me all of a sudden and ...... and..... "

"and what ....????" , Somen was at the edge of the seat , so were we .

He left the room without completing and leaving us unsatisfied to many queries. He never discussed it later with us but we knew that it was really a deadly dream and it was added in our memory which we used as a weapon often to make his jabber jabber stop.

P.S : Some incidents or facts may be twisted based on the sensitivity of the matter as discussed earlier.

No comments: