Labels

college (25) friends (25) parameters (25)

A NOTE

JUST CLICK ON THE MONTH IN THE CONTENTS SECTION TO GET THE LIST OF THE POSTS ACCORDING TO THE DATES.. THE TOPMOST POST IN THE OCTOBER 2012 IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO THE SERIES

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

PARAMETERS 1.xx - The 'Russian Circus'

We had discovered that when Hubba was sure of something then its really worth thinking about it a few more times because normally what he was confident of , it was proved to be opposite most of the times. It was the mid of December and our exams had just finished. In between our exams Pande , Pinky, Hubba, Somen and I have planned to go to the Russian Circus. Hubba gave the description of the body fitness those russian girls have and that would be a pleasure to watch. Pande was too concerned about the food stalls because of the popularity of the circus and huge crowd.

Pinky was sitting on a plastic chair , enjoying the pendulum effect with his shifting body weight. The rest all of us were sitting in Pande's bed. Hubba started the discussion , " It will be lifetime achievement. Russian Circus comes after so many years. It will be simply awesome."

Pinky still continuing the balance game , "don't just say that lifetime achievement again. We saw that in the Physics paper. Your lissajous surrounded us with lifetime irritations."

I started laughing with the others in the room. Hubba slapped me on my shoulder with his big eyes , " I gave you the suggestion paper and now when it did not come you are making fun of me.. What if it came? Its no use to help you guys" .

Somen stopped him by saying , " You said you were 400 percent sure. What a confidence you have ?"

Hubba imitated him , " hey fora dev , I am confident that you will get more foras by the time we reach Russian Circus." , saying this he laughed while Somen got annoyed.

Hubba looked with those big glowing eyes at me , " Mota sala , bolod bihari , next time you come to me with your graphics sheet. I will show you a new drawing on that. Poltu will like that drawing.".

"Please don't do that. Your drawing is lifetime achievement for me. " , saying this I laughed , mocked and rolled on the bed. The others were laughing too and "lifetime" was echoing in the room.

Pinky broke the laughter session by saying , " Now lets just get serious about the plan. So it is just Five of us who are going to see the Russian Circus. We will go on Saturday , the day after our exams getting over. Is it okay ?"

Everyone nodded and gave approval. Pande added ," What will be the ticket price approximately because I need to take extra money for the food stalls. I guess there will be some fascinating ones".

Hubba said in a raised voice , " Oreyy Pandu.. We are going to see and watch not eat. It is a Circus not a wedding house. Can you just think of anything except food. Its December now. Why don't you go to the Polar or the Antarctics. You can have endless amount of ice and icebergs ?"

"You better go to Amazon. You can have endless amount of leaves , fruits and actual friends. By the way speaking of your friends you must be happy now with the new rules imposing in circus for the benefit of them.. ". , Pande suggested.

Somen told that , " I have come to know that the ticket price will be around 50 to 70. So its better if we take 50 bucks extra each."

We all agreed to that. In the college days most of us had given a lot more importance to money. I remember I used to get 60 - 80 bucks in a week and 30 - 40 will be spent on travelling. The rest will be saved for the plans we made. Because at this stage , it was really awkward for most of us to ask for money separately for plans and hangouts. As they would be chained up by so many questions like who are going? What is the plan ? When you are going ? When you will come back ? Why so much are you asking for.? So it was better to save money , earn that and use that without the need of consent. The feeling of independence remained unhampered.

On that planned day , we had met at Park Circus. Hubba had stopped himself one or two times as he was excited enough and wanted to say "lifetime achievement". We went to the counter and all of us got dissapointed. It was houseful. All the tickets were sold. We had planned so much and we never expected that.

A man with a black jacket came near us and asked us in a low tone that whether we wanted tickets. We all got excited to find that there was a chance to see the circus. Somen was quite not sure of that because he was telling us buying tickets in black is a crime. He did not approve of that in the beginning and was also concerned about the police in civil dresses that normally trap criminals like that. We did not have to ask the price to that man , he himself told , " 90 bucks each ticket. Take it if you want to see. The show is housefull."

We had no choice , but to take those tickets as we have planned so much and came down all the way to watch that circus. Somen also agreed at last because of us. We collected money and gave away 450 bucks in total to that man in liew of the 5 tickets. The man had more tickets to sell so he was standing near by. I was given all the tickets to hold. Somen and Pinky were discussing about the fascinating show we would be a part of in a few more minutes. Hubba was watching the posters of the Russian girls outside the circus and Pande was looking out for food stalls. I was browsing through the details of the tickets in my hand. Suddenly another man emerged from the crowd and asked for the tickets to see. I thought at first that he was a common man who had wanted a glimpse of the ticket which was unavailable at the counters. As soon as I handed him those he pointed out to the ticket blacker in black jacket and shouted , " hey you ,  just wait.... ". The blacker seeing him got puzzled for a moment and ran into the crowds. This man also ran after him. At the very first instant it felt like we have been trapped and it was the police in civil dress as Somen had feared. All this was happening in front of us and within seconds they ran fast into the crowds. Hubba suddenly shouted , " our tickets!!!!!!".

Pande , Pinky and Somen had too realised that and we all ran after those two guys. We realised eventually that this was not a police trap. We have been fooled by them. The tickets were taken away from my hands and I felt guilty like anything. I could literally see the hard earned 450 bucks being taken away due to my foolishness or incapability to react that fast. Hubba and I still ran after them and gave a long chase. At the road crossing we could see the two people crossing the roads with some other guys. I was about to run further when Hubba caught my hand and said ," look at that man's feast. He is wearing the blade knuckles. We could also see them pass the street police and they had eye contact among each other. It was clear to us we won't get any help and we stood like helpless fellows seeing them vanish in the traffic.

We came back to see the dissapointing faces waiting for us. It was 6 o'clock. We should have been inside by now but facing the reality was much bitter and tougher. Somen was too upset at the happening. He got irritated at my foolishness and carelessness. I got mute. I was only ears to them. I could hardly talk back. I was way too dissapointed and upset to clarify that it took only 2 seconds for all of that to happen and the reaction time was very less.

Pinky and Pande had admitted that it happened because it had to and consoled me. Somen was still irritated at the fact that he had warned in the first place about the buying of the tickets and how could I be so irresponsible when I have all the tickets in my hand and how could I give all of them to a stranger  on asking. I hardly had replies. Hubba was also consoling me and told Somen to calm down because what's gone is gone. He added that , " maybe the tickets were in his hand but we all had the same responsibility and the incident took place in a fraction of second . Even I was near him but barely could react in time. So its not okay to blame him alone."

Somen , Pinky and Pande had taken the other bus and Hubba was returning with me as we lived near by. We would be meeting after the semester holidays and we did not have any plans to meet in between.That day I did not talk much in the bus when I was returning home with Hubba. He tried to console me more with soothing remarks and telling me not to mind what Somen had told. I only remember one line Hubba told me and changed my mood a lot although that incident remained in my memories for ever.
He told , " Just feel that 450 bucks was never a waste. Maybe we could not see the Russian Circus but what we got is way more precious. Its the lesson that we would remember always and this learning is going to stay unlike the Russian Circus.. So cheer up yaaar....."
 

No comments: