Labels

college (25) friends (25) parameters (25)

A NOTE

JUST CLICK ON THE MONTH IN THE CONTENTS SECTION TO GET THE LIST OF THE POSTS ACCORDING TO THE DATES.. THE TOPMOST POST IN THE OCTOBER 2012 IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO THE SERIES

Sunday, November 11, 2012

PARAMETERS 1.xix- Lissajous Figure


The last minute suggestion papers , the mock question papers (the papers were mocking us ), the last year question papers , the notes that may come , the notes that may not come everything were on the hot list and the one and only thing that was a survival was THE MATRIX. It was kind of one weapon everyone knew of. I never knew before what it can really do but like the holy bible I had faith on it that may be it can be my last minute survival to the lazyness incurred in last few months..The semester was really knocking on the door now but to my surprise we still had the festival like thing going outside , the cafeteria , gym and most obviously the xerox shop to be active all the time...

Pinky was always very serious about things which may not be that important. But this was exam and that too the first exam in his college life. So he was very much concerned, tensed , nervous , excited unlike me. I had gathered a big fat layer of lazyness with the topping of sudden taste of independence. I really enjoyed that 'no one tells me what to do " kind of situation there. My cool , give a damn attitude made Pinky and Pande more thoughtful and concerned about my career than my parents sometime. I was just waiting for the exams to get finished anyhow so that we could be back at making exciting plans like the last one we did at Pande's house. Having the delicious raita along with the amazing lunch and playing cricket in the lawn in front of the girls hostel ( yes that chap was really lucky to live in front of the girls hostel ) was still on my mind and the exam fever was ruining every delightful thought of that.

Pinky and Pande were sitting at two opposite tables reading out their notes loud and I was sitting on my bed in the middle of the two tables hearing a synchronised hybrid audio version that I barely understood . But the hard work they started putting was really amazing. I realised that my parents' bashing was really necessary. All these years they have done it and I felt like a slave. I really wanted to give credits to them for my quite impressive board results now.

" Or is it because I have got used to that slavery , I could hardly start my studies on my own." , I thought .

I did not know that. What I knew was shortcuts. I have always been following that all my school life.

I made myself busy in preparing my own set of notes from the bunch of the options I had. The factors that I would use to reduce my study material were sixth sense , sixth sense and sixth sense.

Hubba entered the room with a set of papers in his hand. His eyes were bright with excitement and he almost had a dancing gesture. Seeing his gracious entrance Pinky broke the rythm of his reading and remarked , " And there comes the babba , the king of the jungle."

Pande giggled and looked back at the notes keeping his ears open. Hubba stood by Pinky's table and called out , " yeah.. pochha ( rotten)... I am the king and you are my queen... my rotten queen.".

Hubba ignored the half audible replies from Pinky in between his jabbering of the notes. He came near me and asked with glowing eyes and dancing eyebrows , " Hey whats up motaa ?? I have something for you. ", he indicated the stapled set of papers in his hand.

I asked curiously , " What's that ?"

He gave an irritating 20 seconds eyebrow dance with a combo offer of an irritating smile indicating "guess what ???".

My numb and inert reactions bounded him to tell that , "A lifetime achievement it is. Its the special suggestion paper that is coming definately in the exam. I have prepared it based on the faculty last minute suggestions and the special recommendation that they gave to only those who had the attendence on the higher side. "

I could hardly confront that as because I was on the top 10 list of lowest attendence. Pande literally jumped off his seat hearing that. He snatched away the paper from Hubba's hand and randomly browsed through it. He turned it a few more times and tried to understand a lot but after 2 minutes of several trials he gave up. Pinky was a bit interested too about the suggestion paper.

"Hey I am not able to understand. From which chapters are these from ? I don't know any of them. I am studying since long time now. How come I don't know all that ?"

Hubba replied , " What chapters have you done in physics ?"

"Physics ???" , Pande exclaimed as if he had nothing to do with that subject , "thats the physics paper? Thats the reason then.. I am studying english. Tell me when you have got a special suggestion on that."

Pinky had also come up because he could hardly resist curiosity. He took the set in his hand , checklisted all the questions and said " Are you sure , all these are important ?"

Hubba stroked the paper in his hand and said , " 101 percent sure... "

Pinky still suspicious about the question set started browsing them again. Somen was going by and seeing a gathering in our room he entered. He observed whatever was happening. Pande trying to recognise his own handwriting with the specs on from a disastrous note copy. Pinky browsing the set of paper which was the main point of attraction that time. I was ideally sitting on the bed with pile of notes sitting beside me. Hubba was standing proudly.

Somen took that note in his hand from Pinky and after seeing a little he asked  , " Lissajous figure ?? Who told you that lissajous figure is important? "

"Ohh , you bet on that one fora... I am 400 percent sure that figure will be among the top five questions in the paper. "

"But it has a big description of the sine curves and the experiment and the figures to be drawn are quite complex ones..." , Somen became thoughtful.

Pinky sat down in his chair , started noting down the questions from the paper Hubba brought.

Pande told that he was busy studying english so it would be helpful if Hubba got it xeroxed for him. Hubba was anyhow having xerox requests from his roommate. I also added myself to that list.

Somen  told before leaving the room , " hey I came to tell you guys something , there are russian circus shows going on in the city. We can go to the circus after our exams. Wat say ?"

I was excited at that. At least someone said something since morning which was interesting. Hubba drew attention and calmed Somen ," Don't worry thats going to stay a while now. It will be there one month from now. And I am 200 percent sure. We can go and watch that anytime. But that plan is good. It will be a lifetime achievement.

We all agreed to that. We had to finish off with this exam thing anyhow and plans can be made with ease if there is time. Hubba went for the xerox. I started my scrutiny while Pinky and Pande continued their study.

The first exam was Physics and the english was on the second half. I still remember Hubba sat just behind me. It was because of the similar names we had. The moment I got the Physics question paper , I browsed the whole paper and nothing was similar to the one he showed. I turned back and told him in a whispering voice , " meet me after exams..." , to which he gave a stupid idiotic smile. I could also hear Somen's voice from back imitating Hubba ," lissajous lissajous ".

I knew for sure now that the Russian circus won't stay much longer after our exams and we got to fix that plan as Hubba was sure about that too.... and yes I thought of that in the middle of my paper.

P.S : Thanx to google for the search for 'lissajous figure'. I really forgot what it was and infact the spelling too. I only studied that for 7 marks and that too because of Hubba...

 

No comments: