Labels

college (25) friends (25) parameters (25)

A NOTE

JUST CLICK ON THE MONTH IN THE CONTENTS SECTION TO GET THE LIST OF THE POSTS ACCORDING TO THE DATES.. THE TOPMOST POST IN THE OCTOBER 2012 IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO THE SERIES

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

PARAMETERS 1.xviii - Diary Expedition : Part 2


Exams were near by but the atmosphere there in the campus was something different. It felt a little awkward to me when I found people involving in more co curricular activities other than studying. The nets and the lights in the basketball and volleyball fields were always on till late night. The badminton court too would be occupied and few people waiting for the rotation chances to play. The gym and cafeteria would also be filled up with enthusiastic guys and couples. It had a festival like feeling. It never felt that we were actually getting nearer to semesters. Maybe thats the way here to deal with nervousness. Some of the concerned students would be gathering around the xerox shop near cafeteria. The whole semester they had not been to that shop may be. The bunch of notes and matrix xeroxes would pile up beyond imagination.

The phrase "no chap" meaning no worries had become very common those days. To whatever one would say the other would reply "no chap". If someone asked , " hey did you complete 50 percent of the chapters even because its impossible for me to do all in this short period of time. ?"
The other will reply , " no chap..... there are more 7 semesters to go.

Along with the present scenerio I also used to write about my group and my involvement in my diary. I would write about the pranks played on my fellow mates and was somehow proud that I was a part of all the pranks but till then none was played against me or I even did not have a permament nickname like I had in my school days.

 One evening I unlocked my almirah and took out the diary from in between the folds of my clothes to browse through the previous pages (that I would do often and it really had an amazing mixed feeling ). Pinky , Pandu , Hubba and Somen entered the room almost together and seeing me with my diary they gave me mixed smiles . I could not determine the exact feeling.

Hubba started , " hey motaa , seems you are doing something which you are not supposed to because SEMESTER IS KNOCKING ON HEAVENS DOOR...( He started singing that imitating Pinky with funny wierd faces ).
Pinky trumped him by singing other lines , " JUNGLE JUNGLE PATA CHALA HAI....."

Pande stopped them by saying, " Just stop you two... Its not about us tonight .. Its someone else. "

Somen gave an agreed nod and I was still not getting any point. Pande sat on his bed and others sat too. Pinky started again ,  addressing me , " so Mr ghosh... what do you think we should call you to show respect...should we call you sir ?"

The question puzzled me. Pande added , " Actually semesters are on. People are celebrating and that feeling makes you concerned right..?"

Somen said , " He is actually the leader. He is the head of all pranks. He thinks that he is greater than any other God .."

Pinky stopped him by saying , " By any other God , do you mean Anukul Thakur ??"

Somen again replied with irritation , ' Ahh no.. God is God.. It can be in any form .. I don't mean to bring Anakul Thakur here."

"Hope you don't ... because that will be a mistake again if you do."  , Pinky warned sarcastically , while Pande got irritated at the sudden break and scolded Pinky," Hey we came to talk to Mr Ghosh... Can you keep your hormones straight not diverting from the actual topic."
Hubba too showed his irritation in expressions. Pinky apologised for the break. They stared at me again which made me feel uncomfortable. As if they had planned something against me.

Pande started , " So Mr Ghosh believes that he is a smart fellow who can give or participate in NAME GAME but he is somewhat superior or lucky or both that he does not have one."

Hubba almost got excited to that , " Yes he thinks that he is one smart fellow who can play pranks on everyone. You did not protest when I was getting slaps the very first day.."

Pinky again interrupted , " Thats not his fault.. You can still get them now , thats how we make the junglee civilised."

Hubba got more excited and added in an sarcastic tone, " Yes and he did right when he participated and made fun of Surabhi and Satabdi.."

Pande again showed irritation and stopped them , " Aare yaar... stop discussing those... let the wise fellow suggest himself a name.

I recalled that this morning I had kept my diary in between my jeans and my shirt while last time I took it out it was from somewhere between my two t- shirts. I realised that they had read my diary and maybe they were regularly doing that and kept mum all these days to see where all my thoughts went. Today they got a chance.After Priyankar being penelised so much for writing his heart out for one day , it did not occur to me that the same thing could ever happen to me. Actually I was too passionate to continue writing my diary that I overlooked the chances. I had continued to write about my feelings and all my routines on a more or less regular basis.

My throat got dry as I knew today "Mr Ghosh" was just the food you give to a goat before killing it.

I was sitting there still ,  waiting for them to think of an absurd name for me. Maybe my parents did not think so much before naming me. Suddenly Hubba jumped and told , " He thinks himself too smart , lets name him something which makes him remember that , something like dumb ass or something ."

"Yeahh.. lets name him bolod or bolda" , Pande literally jumped like the kung fu PANDA. All had excitedly reacted to that making it positive to be my label. Later many improvisations and shortforms like BKB and BBG were done by Hubba which have vulgur extensions (so I am not going into that )

People tend to make mistakes. We are human being after all. But what will you call a person who does not learn from mistakes. Whatever it is , I am that person.

After that I gave a tough thought whether to continue anyhow . The answer came from within , " NO CHAAP .......YOU CAN ALWAYS USE CODES ."

No comments: