Labels

college (25) friends (25) parameters (25)

A NOTE

JUST CLICK ON THE MONTH IN THE CONTENTS SECTION TO GET THE LIST OF THE POSTS ACCORDING TO THE DATES.. THE TOPMOST POST IN THE OCTOBER 2012 IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO THE SERIES

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

PARAMETERS 1.xiii- Fresher selection

Mr and Ms fresher selection was almost near. It was heard that selection will be on the basis of whatever special talent someone had. I was sure of using my mimicing skills on that occasion.I have been mimicing many actors and singers and a few actresses even. Atleast my batchmates would appreciate that. One morning my next door mate Raj called me in his room and I was awestruck to see that Dhawal bhaiya ( one yr senior to me) was sitting there with a tough look in his eyes. He was the one I met the very first day of terrifying morning PT fall - in. My nerves would be pinned when I recalled the roar , " BEG BORROW STEAL ". It was good to mimic him in the room but it was not that good to see him in front of me.

"Shut the door raj .." He addressed Raj looking straight into my eyes. He stood up from the seat and came near me and observed me right from my toe to my head. I was having goosebumps.

"I heard you can copy my voice" he said , paused a bit to light a cigerette and then left the smoke with a bit of seniority style and continued , " You are good at it , I have heard. So I should see that how you do it."

I was puzzled , frightened , not knowing what to say or do. My throat got dry.

"No..ahh.. I just try to..but its not that good. I never do it for fun. I actually do mimicry of celebrities. Its kind of kiddish hobby I got...."

"Ahhhh.... I don't want an explanation. I just came all the way to see it. Now c'mon I am waiting . Show me..."

Raj convinced on behalf of him from the side , "Aare bhaiya ko dikha na...koi baat nahi ...".( show him ..its not a big deal )

Raj was above 6 ft tall and had a manly physique with respect to the age we normally belong. I knew it must be Raj who brought him here. Only that if Raj was a little less stronger or shorter than me I would have indulged in a big fight. But I gave the helpless look.

I copied him that day. But to my total unexpectations Dhawal bhaiya had liked it. He encouraged me to continue this art and also told me that he would be in the judge panel for the primary selections of Mr. fresher. So wanted to see me there. It was a big acknowledgement for me.


I got selected in the top 20. The judges specially a lady judge sitting beside Dhawal bhaiya was rolling almost in laughter. It was embarassing for him though but he had encouraged me for the next round where the final 5 has to be chosen.

I was happy at that news. I was the sole achiever of the quite lost "PENTACRUISE" group.
Pinki and Pande were busy making fun of each other when I entered the room.
Pande mockingly told Pinki , " You could have shown that strip dance I taught you that night. You could have lended the disco ball from me." Saying this he laughed himself and threw a wet towel at Pinky.

Pinky mocked back , "And what have you done - the seal balancing or the kung fu panda ? You don't act smart. Do you have a single talent other than eating ?"

Seeing me they put their hands up and cheered me. I was like the great achiever or something. Their faces lit with pride.

Somen just then entered the room laughing.

"What happened to you ?" , Pinki asked crouching the eyebrows.
Somen somehow controlled his laugh and told that he had seen Hubba's roommate Tamul in the selection process.

"He chose to act. So he was told to act whatever he can.. and guess what he was doing ?" , saying this Somen again started his wierd laugh without any sound and only expression of laughing.

Impatient Pinky asked , "tell us what happened ? Tell quick. Dont laugh c'mon tell us "

Pande and I were also keen to know that especially because acting was my passion and I never knew that Tamul who hardly interacted with me in my initial visits can act.

Somen continued ," He was the farmer with two sons and assuming that his first son was dead two years ago and his another son died today he was crying like anything...."

"But that must be a challenging scene I guess..", I said.
Somen without considering that a point added , "...but you should have seen the way he was doing it. He fell down on the floor trying to cry but he could barely cry . The speech and the technique he would say it in made it more funnier. His cry made me laugh... But he got selected somehow."

Hubba entered the room with a bright face , " Ohhhh mota ( he would call me that ) , how much I love you yaar... You are the star of the night. You owe an applause dear ....."

Hubba was always loud in his approach and sometimes painful , because he would hit you hard to show that he is enjoying and that may piss you off . Somen cheered up more saying , Ohhh you got selected too. I din't know that. Great yaar. Someone among us is making PENTACRUISE proud...hahahahaha"

I felt so much bonded to think about the fact that the failure didn't matter to them. What mattered was the success of one of us. I was feeling like I had got a family out there. We all thought of celebrating it somehow and we rocked......

P.S : I got terminated in the next selection and did not make it to the final five. None of the mariners were selected. I don't know whether it had something to do with politics or the thesis that we have discovered later about Somen's cursed laughter. I recalled he laughed but I choose not to stamp this as an opinion.... * the thesis will be discussed later in next semester. 

No comments: