Labels

college (25) friends (25) parameters (25)

A NOTE

JUST CLICK ON THE MONTH IN THE CONTENTS SECTION TO GET THE LIST OF THE POSTS ACCORDING TO THE DATES.. THE TOPMOST POST IN THE OCTOBER 2012 IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO THE SERIES

Friday, October 26, 2012

PARAMETERS 1.iii - God only knows

I didn't have the time to get a proper intro of all my neighbours as you may say. I am a friendly person and therefore I thought it to be my duty to visit other rooms as well and see my batchmates. I started with the room 216 where I knew one guy already. I entered the room in the morning 7:30 AM just after my heavy oily breakfast consisting of 11 luchis and aalu curry. There was a half bald man lying half on the bed and the other half hanging on the ground with legs crossed to the bed side. His hands just touched the floor and his eyes through the glasses looked straight into the doorway. I got dumbstuck and for one moment I thought he was murdered although I saw no blood or any form of violence. Arghya Nag was the guy I had come searching for. He was the one I knew apart from Priyankar and Purbesh who were still having their breakfast. So I had thought of extending my circle from that room. Arghya was standing just behind me. He had gone to the bathroom. I was awestruck in front of that body lying in that manner. That guy was not even from MARINE, then what the hell happened to him.
I questioned Arghyo with my pale horrifying look. He answered , " Don't worry. Its Yoga. He does that in the morning.".

 I entered the room to find that he has a series of different Gods and babas captured in frames which are kept by his bed side. He was lying half down in the same manner as I sat on a different bed. I realised however he was alive and didn't quite enjoy my uninvited entrance at an awkward time. Arghya introduced on behalf of that guy. He was Somesh. The 3rd occupant of the room was also Abhishek as Arghya told me. He was also down for his breakfast. I told that I would come later and did not want to stay in that room for long.

I entered room 214. There I saw more than 3 people in that room. Out of them 2 were laughing loud and making fun of another person who was sitting on the bed and getting tremendously disturbed. I entered the room quitely and tried to understand their conversation. The incident had happened yesterday which involved this disturbed fellow. This guy was re-telling the happenings to another person and irritating him. The incident that happened was Manish ( the guy who was narrating ) had come and got introduced to his roomies. He saw a photo frame of a person on the study table of Somen (the guy getting disturbed ). Manish asked , " You really love your dad so much .?"
"Its not my Dad .... Its Anakul Thakur. "

"Kya thakur??"
"Anakul Thakur .... He is a preacher ."
"Aare , he looks exactly like you. I thought him to be your father ."
This whole conversation made him very uncomfortable and Manish observed that.
He continued...

"Tum logo ka kya sab dev devi hota hai... Itna saara naam ...itna baba mata... aare koi famous God ka tasveer lagaya hota to pehchan leta...."

"Its okay..stop it now..", Somen said with irritation.

But Manish kept on irritating him as he got more and more irritated. So now he was telling all the people who visited the room and thereby irritating him further.

" Aare Ghosh you tell me ... tu ne is bande ka naam suna hai pehle?"
I said , " Yes, he has many followers."

After a little silence he said , " But doesn't this guy look exactly like him. "
I tried hard to supress my smile but I could see Somen getting agitated and finally he announced he was getting late for his classes . So he has work. It was a clear indirect way to say 'stop it and leave'. That was the first time I met Somen , Manish and Hemendra ( who was only lying in his bed and participating with innocent silence and smile )

I came to 213 now and found Priyankar and Pande had come back and were getting ready for the morning fall in. Fall-in is a 3 - rowed matrix sequenced formation of line for the mariners to undergo a detailed uniform and discipline check. It was conducted thrice a day. At morning 9 AM ,at evening 5 PM and at night 8 :30 PM. Their room mate had been caught by a bunch of seniors when he was smoking at the corridors. Quite expected. I could see him standing like a bird in the middle of the badminton court. Priyankar was tensed that he could not find his shoe polish. Pande was planning to take some rest but seeing his room-mate so energetic he felt shy. As I entered I was asked how many luchis did I have?
" 11 " - was my one numbered answer.
Priyankar raised his eyebrows and then browsed me up and down and said " you liked it ?"
I said , " It was okay..not bad ... atleast after the hard core exercise I would have ate the plates too."
I looked at Pande seeking an answer .
"The luchis were terrible." , Pande said.
"How many did you have ?"
"16" , in a low tone he said

I prefered not to say anything. Priyankar's anxiety started imposing a little on me. May be its not so early to get ready for the fall-in.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel quite nostalgic by reading this. Love the good old days !!

rini said...

This was really funny--I got dumbstuck and for one moment I thought he was murdered...