Labels

college (25) friends (25) parameters (25)

A NOTE

JUST CLICK ON THE MONTH IN THE CONTENTS SECTION TO GET THE LIST OF THE POSTS ACCORDING TO THE DATES.. THE TOPMOST POST IN THE OCTOBER 2012 IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO THE SERIES

Friday, October 26, 2012

PARAMETERS 1.iv - Shifting to 213

Few days have passed. I was getting to know the campus better and better. I was also facing the newly imposed rules on the juniors and abiding them. We were told to call our seniors "Sir" and wish them good ............ whatever it was the part of the day. I would mistakenly say evening instead of morning or vice versa as I was not acquainted with the practice before. Sometimes I would just nod my head and forget to wish. I would then have a short scolding reminding me of the rule. We had to wear full sleeve shirts with collar buttons shut.( I hardly had a shirt which I could wear with the collar button shut. I was at problem always ) . I had heard of ragging a lot ago and was prepared for it. But apart from the morning "run for life " there wasn't anything more troubling to me. Actually I started my day with the utmost terror and everything seemed nice after that 2 hr schedule. I was the last person to run and would gasp for breath. Even Pande with that huge 105 kilos would go past me. I faced all the wrath from the seniors and our P.T teacher who would give orders in a rythmic manner and you can't miss a move on that.

I was good at mimicry and would mimic him after I got back my senses ( that would be after breakfast). As the days passed by the seniors have picked up their favourites and started catching the selective people often as they had been blacklisted. I was always on the unnoticed part.

The cigerette guy was one of the boys in the list. His extra smartness and bad luck to get caught often in front of seniors for cigerettes had got him in trouble. He was having a tough time then.

One week have passed and Priyankar came up to me the next week and said that his roomy - the cigerette guy had left the college. He had called him up and said so. What I was thinking was did God listen to me?
I would be able to shift to 213 then as it had one vacancy. I was really looking for this oportunity.
"May I be your room mate then" , I asked
"No problem" , he said

The next thing I know is I shifted within minutes without even giving a proper notice to the administrative. As if you are married to someone and living in with someone else. Some of the guys asked me ," Did you inform Pandit?(our administrative officer )"
"Do I need to?"
"Ya , ofcourse you do."
" Okay , I will do it soon"

That "soon " never came and it was noted that I live in 212 till the last day I lived in that hostel.
 

No comments: