Labels

college (25) friends (25) parameters (25)

A NOTE

JUST CLICK ON THE MONTH IN THE CONTENTS SECTION TO GET THE LIST OF THE POSTS ACCORDING TO THE DATES.. THE TOPMOST POST IN THE OCTOBER 2012 IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO THE SERIES

Sunday, October 28, 2012

PARAMETERS 1.ix - ONLY GAME

"GAME" - is not only a sport but also a name that was given to Priyankar. The bengali version "Khela" was also on the list. This name symbolized the wierd acts and auto start entertainment that we got.

It was a rainy Monday evening. Folks have come back from their home after enjoying the weekend. Most of us didn't have a mobile then. The only way to communicate was a booth at the ground level. Fora , Hubba , Pinky , Pandu and I were chatting in our room 213. We were as usual pulling each other's legs and making casual fun. Suddenly we heard someone calling out Priyankar's name in the corridor panting and running towards our room.

"Hey priyankar , your dad has called me up. He wants you to call him now from the booth. Its urgent."

We all got tensed. It has only been a few hours that he had come back to hostel from his home. What could have been the reason for such an urgent call back. He ran down without wasting any second. We all started guessing. 'Wait' was the only option we had.

"It must be something critical" , Pande looked tensed , ".. may be that's why his father called him".

"Ohh wow Pandu.. so clever... we never thought of that..", I remarked.

"Its been 2 hours 27 minutes he has arrived . What can be so urgent ?" , Fora tried to think.

"How you know that detail. You are not even wearing a watch. ?" I was bound to ask.

"I don't need a watch . I can calculate . The last time I see the time remains in my head and I can calculate with an average accuracy of plus minus 5 minutes. You see Pinky and Pande had arrived at 6 :15 PM as per the noises I heard in the corridor of opening the lock. And now it must be 8:40 pm or above. "

"ya , its 8:43 now" , I gave an impressive look.

Somen gave a proud smile.

Pandu was thinking what exactly to concentrate on. The time calculation or the telephone reasoning.

"Calculative Fora." , Hubba's conclusion.
He added , " You should be able to calculate then the no. of blisters you grow in every hour based on the datas of how many you grow in a week. "

Somen with an irritating expression added , " Calculations are difficult for the Jungle people. You play with stones . "

Pinky came back , threw himself in the bed and the pillows from his bed toppled over to the floor in vibration.
"What happened ? Anything serious  ?" , all asked in their own way .

He kept silent.

"Is everything okay ?"

"I had mistakenly wore my father's jeans . He was not finding that in the home so he was asking me whether I had wore them "

"That's it. We thought it was an urgent call ?" a lot of relieved we were though.

" My mom asked me whether the umbrella was okay or not . How ridiculous is that ? They did not ask how I am ? safely reached ? nothing.....they care about the f###ing umbrella ."

" They were talking to you. They know that you are okay. You are always okay lady. Whats not okay are the things you carry. Thats why they worry about them." ,  Hubba told

There was an awkward silence.

Pandu broke the silence , " Hey , tell me one thing ,  does your father have only one pair of jeans ? "

The whole room started laughing. Pinky got embarassed. The situation changed completely. It was no more a heavy one. The "only one" thing was added to our dictionary. Whatever occured we would refer to as "only one  or single " thing.




 

No comments: