Labels

college (25) friends (25) parameters (25)

A NOTE

JUST CLICK ON THE MONTH IN THE CONTENTS SECTION TO GET THE LIST OF THE POSTS ACCORDING TO THE DATES.. THE TOPMOST POST IN THE OCTOBER 2012 IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO THE SERIES

Monday, October 29, 2012

PARAMETERS 1.x - TWO only

May be in the beginning we had faced a terrible terror from the seniors during the four fall - ins each day , but as they days passed by we realised the support we had and the back up they gave. Sooner we felt that the college had only two streams - marine and non marine . Being in the marine stream we had to face the extra discipline , the curriculum . We had separate rules and just like being brought up in a different way. The stream had some kind of hot blood that flowed in the body (continued in generations in terms of batch )and everyone considered themselves superior. We couldn't help it. The feeling of a king was the only satisfaction we had after the all day extra rules, fall in ,regulations and headache . The very thought of our morning starting from 5 : 30 AM and other three fall - ins in a day apart from the PT , unlike the other streams had made us stand on a separate platform altogether and forced us to take this as superiority. The marine uniform with the prestigious cap and the shoulder ampletes and badges added to that feeling. May be king does not do justice always but c'mon we are talking of hot young blooded 18 - 19 yr guys. Fights or small riots you may say was becoming a common sight then. Most unexpectedly we realised that marine seniors supported us always and marine had become a community. I even felt that on few instances they have opposed their own batchmates and took our sides as because we were in the same stream. It felt like saving your child in place of the twin brother. But it really felt great and at that point whenever we referred them with respect or called them "sir" we did it from heart and not from fear. Exceptions are always there in every field and every set of people. I won't ignore that. But there was a respect altogether.

I remember that exam time was in a few months from then and freshers was near. Seniors from all streams had started imposing their assignments on us. It was like a hide and seek game . One caught will be given a lot of practical written assignments. I also recall some of our batchmates writing them in as horrible handwriting as possible.

We had also been told by the seniors that from second year there won't be 3 room- mates. There will be only 2. I was quite puzzled as to go with whom Priyankar or Pande. I asked them whether they had heard that.
Pinki told , " Ya , I heard that in the morning. From 2nd yr onwards we 3 can't stay in the same room."
I kept quiet and expected him to say more. May be in presence of Pande he was delaying the decision. Maybe he wants to take me as a room mate but Pande's presence is bothering him.
I looked at Pande but he too had a pale expression.
They looked at each other and almost said together , " We are thinking of staying together."
Ohhh , I didn't think of that option. Ya the third one could be me too. Why not...

Pinky was always too much concerned . He did not want the conversation to stop there. He started giving the reasonings for that , " See our homes are near by in north kolkata. We go home together. Pande's mother also expects me to be his room mate. "

I looked at Pande . He thought he should speak now so he said  , " I too don't have any problem staying with you but you know how finicky he is and his mother also requested me to be his room mate. "

Wow... both of them were guided from home to stay with each other. What choice did I have.

"No yaar , not a problem , Its good that you guys stay together . I was the third one in the room. So no issues."

"Are you sure ?" , Priyankar asked me a few more times.

I smiled and gave them the convincing look that I downloaded from my brain , "completely sure..."

Pande and Pinky asked me several times in privacy about the decision but my answer was always the same.

I went out from my room to the corridor verandah of the hostel and planned to go for a lone walk in the campus. It was 9:30 PM. I had planned to climb down the stairs when someone called me from behind.

"Don't go. There are seniors out there . No one can save you from getting huge assignments today if you go out."



I could not see the face at first as it was quite dark on the other side. Gradually the familiar physique came near me .It was Somen.  I heard downstairs voices of some seniors directing someone in the ground floor" Hey you , come here....."

"Don't stand here , let's go to room and we can talk there ..." saying the lines he started walking towards his room.

I followed him like the saved cat , " Hey did you hear that 2 room mate thing from 2nd year ?? Did you plan already something about that ?"

"No not yet ,  My room mates Manish and Hemendra are not from marine and in 2nd year I have to search for someone else ." Somen stated a fact.

We came close to his room , his room mates were not there . I asked him while I entered his room , " So we may be room mates in the 2nd yr... What say? You have a problem ?"

"Not at all . But you should talk to Pinky or Pande first. They might want to stay with you . " Somen expressed.

"Don't worry. I will tell them I want you as my room mate. They can stay together.... hey you bought the matrix already ?" I changed the topic.




 

2 comments:

rini said...

then u n somen became roommates???

Abhishek said...

for that u have to wait dear...kromosho prokashho...