Labels

college (25) friends (25) parameters (25)

A NOTE

JUST CLICK ON THE MONTH IN THE CONTENTS SECTION TO GET THE LIST OF THE POSTS ACCORDING TO THE DATES.. THE TOPMOST POST IN THE OCTOBER 2012 IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO THE SERIES

Friday, October 26, 2012

PARAMETERS 1.ii - Run of life

I realised that night that my room was not as exciting as the room I had encountered this evening. My roomies were a bit into studies, they were from different streams and things were a lot more mechanical in this room like " You want some chips.?"
"Oh , I would love some .."
" Oh, here it is then "
"Oh thank you for that"
"Your welcome"
and then there is a silence..

I found that  a bit too formal and had constantly been thinking of whats been going on in the room 213. It quite started increasing my curiosity.
I heard that some seniors had come in the evening while I was elsewhere and had announced that we should be in the field tomorrow by 5 am. A mariner next door told me that. I thought it was a joke and in a new college people try to play pranks. Because 5 am is too much . I had already been informed that the P.T takes place at 6 in the morning. I was used to get up at 8 in my house. 5 would be my midnight. I was tired after all day shifting and journey. It was a lot of work for me. I slept with 6 am alarm on my clock.

In the morning I heard running around in the corridor as if there is a fire. I also heard a shrill dominating voice that told the corridor mates to run fast for their lives. It was 5:15 am. I opened the door to see that fellow from 216 who had told me the timings yesterday. He was running with a brush and tooth paste with the PT clothes and shoes on. While running he told me get ready and run to field if you want to survive. I told myself " what difference will it make if I don't?" But I was not sure that I would take a chance. Its like a slave to wake up at 5 :15. I realised that P.T would start at 6 as the schedule. It was a just a formal intro ragging or senior junior introduction. I had a tough time running and doing the exercises. My doc had told me that you needed exercise and that is the only thing that can save you. I was weighing 88 kgs and had a waist of 38. At 18 yrs of age I was having backache and suffering from way too overweight. The backache problem got solved in that one day run. But I started realising that if I continued running like this may be I would lose some of my body parts by falling down unconciously.

It was the first day and many of us did not have proper uniformas we were not properly instructed at the time of admission. The senior who was in charge was way too strict and would say , " BEG BORROW STEAL " to whatever we said we did not have.
That day I returned ,being the last person in the mob ,  walking down in an abrupt path , gasping for breath and water. My legs were paining like they have been cut off . I went to the booth to call my parents. I told them "  I was okay and fine " . Choosing marine was my decision and I could not give up on the first day.

I returned to my room. I saw my room mates who belonged to other streams were sleeping with pillows in a very cute way.
I decided I have to change my room

No comments: